NITA (Non Resident Investors Taka Account) is a facility that is provided to non-resident individuals/institutions including non-resident Bangladeshi nationals who are interested in trading Bangladeshi securities against foreign exchange remitted from abroad.
- Non-resident portfolio investors have to open a Non-resident Investors Taka Account (NITA) with any authorized dealer in Bangladesh funding the purchase and easy repatriation of the sales and income proceeds.
- Securities can be purchased only through a member/registered broker of the stock exchange. E.g. LankaBangla Securities Ltd. (LBSL). However, public issues not yet listed in a stock exchange can be bought directly from the issuing company.
- For the purpose of trading securities, investors need to open a security account/trading account with stock broker listed with the exchanges. E.g. LBSL
- Funds from NITA can be used to purchase shares and securities listed in a stock exchange.
- The balances in this account are freely remittable abroad in foreign exchange.
- Non-Resident individuals (Foreigners and NRBs).
- Foreign intuitions.
- Institutions located abroad which are owned by NRBs.
For Institutional Trading Account:
- Company NITA A/C number with custodial bank or A/C statement.
- Board Resolution.
- Memorandum and Articles of association.
- Specimen signature of account operators.
- Letter of Authorization.
- A valid photo ID of the Managing Director.
- Valid photo ID of Account Operator(s).
For Individual Trading Account
- Account Opening Form and Signature Card duly filled up.
- Individual NITA A/C Number with custodial bank or A/C statement.
- Valid passport or national ID card photocopy.
- Two copies passport size photograph of account holder.
- One copy passport size photograph of authorized person(if any).